Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy "Give Up Your Shoulds Day"

Today is the third annual "Give Up Your "Shoulds" Day" and YOU are invited to be part of it! For one day, you are invited to give up a certain "should" that leads to stress, guilt, misery, or any sort of sadness. Some examples of "shoulds" people gave up last year included:


I should clean the house
I should go to the gym
I should be making more money
I should lose weight
I shouldn't still be grieving this loss
I should be getting more work done
I should call my parents more often
I should stop eating the leftover Halloween candy

..And many many more. Everyone who gave up their "shoulds" last year reported feeling better that day. Some felt so good that they decided to give up them the next day too! Crazy as it seems, people generally live more calm and fulfilled lives when they give up the word "should." Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment