Saturday, November 26, 2011

CSI Miami comes to Long Beach

So this is how I spent the Wednesday before Thanksgiving - which meant I had to get up extra early on Thursday to get all my cooking done, but it was so much fun that it was worth it.






It was so funny.  Barry was in Vermont deer hunting when they called and asked if they could come to look at our place to see about filming an episode at our house.  I made sure the house was spotless.  When they got here, all they wanted to see was the outside and of all things our garage.  I started laughing and the guy said he was serious.  Anyone that has seen our garage knows how much "crap" is stuffed in there.  So anyway, they looked in it and said they'd let me know.  I called my sister and told her they saw my garage and she said "I can't believe you let them look in there.  I would have said "No Way".  But to make a long story short they called me that afternoon and said they wanted to shoot here.  So they built a false wall to hide all my crap and brought in their own things to put in it to fit the scene.  It was really interesting to see what all it takes to film and episode and see the whole set up.  They invited us to eat with them and you wouldn't believe the great food.  Everyone working on the set was so nice.  We're hoping they want to come back.  The episode will air January 29th.

2 comments:

  1. WOW - that must have been quite the experience! Lucky you! I love that show!!

    ReplyDelete