Saturday, October 30, 2010

National Candy Corn Day

How appropriate is it that it's national candy corn day just 1 day away from Halloween.  Hope y'all are having a wonderful weekend.

After we left Spain on our vacation, we spent a week in Mykonos, Greece.  We went there for an amazing scrapbooking event put on by Cocoa Daisy.  In fact, this is what actually started our marathon vacation.  When I found out about the event, I contacted my sister and asked if she would want to go and did she think we could convince our significant others to join us.  Of course, she said yes to both questions and we started planning. 

There were 3 main instructors:  Ali Edwards, Jenni Bowlin, and Karen Russell.  They are 3 truly amazing people.  The event was held to a small group so we had a lot of time with the three of them so we really got to know them.

Ali's project was a travel journal.  Her class was so much fun.  We built the album and then proceeded to gather all types of materials to put in it throughout our stay in Mykonos.  Jenni's project was a canvas using her new paints and inks - something totally out of my element and I loved it.  And then Karen's class was actually a couple of days of photography classes.  She actually has me out of the auto mode on my Rebel Xsi.  Barry even sat in on her classes and loved it as well.  Then we actually put the training into practice going on several outings with everyone.  It was one amazing trip.  I'll post some photos of the classes next week.

On top of those classes, they had several nights of make and takes and then mini classes.  The mini classes were led by Lisa Pace, Ronda Palazzari and Christine Drumheller.  All 3 did cute mini albums - each different in their own style.  Again, I'll post some photos of those next week when I can get some good photos of each.

I'll leave you tonight with some photos.  The first are the hotel where we all stayed:


These next 2 photos are of Mykonos:


Now I just have to sit down and get the all put into my travel journal.  LOL    

No comments:

Post a Comment