Friday, October 22, 2010

LITTLE THINGS MAKE ME HAPPY

Okay, so before you think I'm yelling at you (since my title is in all caps), I'm only doing that to celebrate Caps Lock Day.

Today I was out running errands and stopped in at the newest scrapbooking store in my neck of the woods - Scrapbook Daisies.  They opened up while I was out of the country.  I'm so excited that we have a scrapbook store in Long Beach again.  (Martha has an online store and has decided to add a brick and mortar as well.)  Anyway, I ran into 2 friends that I haven't seen in quite a while - it was so great to re-connect.  They told me that since they've started cropping there, they've seen people they haven't seen in ages as well.  That's one of the things I truly love about scrapbooking.  You meet so many wonderful people to share this wonderful addiction (er, I mean hobby) with and even though you may not see them all the time, you still remain friends.

So speaking of being out of the country, our first stop was Barcelona.  That place is amazing.  When we travel to Europe, it reminds me how young our country is compared to the European ones.  The buildings are amazing there. 

One of my favorite stops was at the Sagrada Familia.  It takes your breath away to see what they have done and what they are still doing. The official date that it was started was March 19th, 1882.  Gaudi officially became the temple's architect on November 3rd, 1883.  If you ever go to Barcelona,this is a "must see" in my opinion.  I would love to see it again years from now to see how much more they have completed.


We took some photos, but here's a copy of a postcard so you see the magnitude of the whole thing.

Above the entrance of one of the doors

Ceiling inside

Close up of just one of the many outside sculptures on the outside of the building

Above another entrance

Hope you enjoy the photos.  Gotta run, Nickers is nudging me for her dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment