Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Calendar Class at The Scrapbook Garden

Our second class for the day on Saturday, October 23rd from 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM at The Scrapbook Garden is a calendar class.  The cost is $35.

You will create a fat and chunky "family" calendar that you can scan and print for all your family members in time for Christmas or just keep for yourself. I choose to merge my family with my husband's family. I include a photo of each family member for their birthday month and then for their anniversary as well. I then use colored pencils (which is included in this kit) to highlight the date of their birthday / anniversary. This way my family keeps up with my husband's family (and vice versa) each year. This has become a family tradition each year and when we are together during the year, you hear comments like "this photo would be great for the calendar" or "I'd better not see that photo in the calendar". So start your own tradition and come create a calendar that you can save as a scrapbook after the year is over. You'll have 12 great layouts to put into an album at the end of the year. And as always, Amy & I will have plenty of sugar to keep you going while creating.


Although the sample shows 2009, the numbers are cut for 2011.
In addition to your normal tool box, you'll need:
Pop dots
Glue dots
12" ruler
Dark brown ink - I used Colorbox Chalk Dark Brown
Brown ink - I used Colorbox Chalk Chestnut Roan
Red ink - I used Colorbox Chalk Warm Red
Blue ink - I used Colorbox Pigment Royal Blue
Black ink - I used Colorbox Pigment Charcoal
White pen - I used Ranger Inkssentials
Brown pen - I used American Crafts precision pen #05 in brown
Black journaling pen - I used American Crafts precision pen #03 in black
Adhesive
Paper Trimmer

Here are a few photos of the contents of the kit:




Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment